Tuesday, September 30, 2008

My Dad Needs Prayers

I have other things to post about, but this seemed more important; so as soon as I get some pictures onto my computer I will post more.

Some of you may know already, but my Dad hasn't been doing well for about a week and a half now. We believe that it might be a strangulated hernia, but it's hard to tell for sure. He has flu symptoms along with a lot of pain. He's really getting weak now since it's been so long. It seems like he goes through periods like this, but this time it seems to be worse and hanging on longer.

Matt and I went down there last weekend to see him. He's just really not doing good and really needs the prayers of his brethren that God will have mercy and let this pass.

I'm also a little worried about my mom because she has health issues of her own and has been having to take care of Dad. She says that he's getting to where he needs care from a man. I guess the last couple of nights someone else has stayed up with him; which is really nice because his nights are especially restless and she hadn't really been getting enough sleep either.

Please just keep them in your prayers. I will try to post again when there is a change to post about.

Thanks so much for your prayers because I know that the brethren are good to pray when they know of the need. I know my Dad will appreciate knowing the prayers of the brethren are with him.

11 comments:

meNmykids said...

I hadn't heard that he was sick again. I will pray for him, sounds awful for him. Hope your mom can get some rest.

Sabriena said...

Oh no. That's not good. I'll definitely keep him in my prayers. I hope that he gets well soon, Lord willing. I'll pray for your mom, too.

Sis Stubby said...

I will be praying for your family

Kim said...

Thanks for letting us know. Please keep us updated and of course we will pray for him. We love your dad so much and have enjoyed our visits with him

Trina said...

HI Tisha, that makes me so sad that your Dad isn't well still. That is a long time to be that sick. He will remain in our prayers!

Skylene said...

I'm so sorry your dad isn't doing well. I will be remembering him. I hope to hear he is doing better soon.

Jules said...

I'm so sorry that your dad isn't doing good. I will be praying for him. I lost my dad 3 years ago, and I have a soft spot in my heart where that is concerned. God will work everything out :)

Trina said...

Tisha we are STILL praying for your Dad and your family as you endure this trial. If there is anything we can do let me know.

Tish said...

Thanks everyone for your prayers. My Dad is still not doing very good. He had a little bit better night last night, and today seems to be a little better. We're hoping he may be on the mend. We will soon see. He's still in a lot of pain and he's very weak; so please continue to pray for him. Thanks again for all your concern and prayers.

Sabriena said...

Yes, we will certainly continue to pray, and I'm glad that he seems to be doing some better.

Sister D said...

My hubby and I and our dear friends Bro Craig and Sis Lori were able to go visit and pray for your Dad on Sat. He was really hurting and needs the Lords mercy. I just wanted to comfort your heart that our whole church will be keeping your dear father in prayer.