Monday, April 14, 2008

The Brave Little Squirrel

The other day I took the kids to the park to play. As they were playing I noticed this little squirrel who was going around the play area scavenging for food. I was really amazed at how close to the kids he would go. Of course I whipped my camera out and found some old pieces of food from our van. (It was horribly messy, but yesterday it got a total detail job done thanks to my wonderful husband!!) Anyway, I threw these treasures out to him and I tried to get the kids to sit quietly to see how close he would come to us. Maybe if I hadn't had the kids with me I could have gotten him to eat out of my hand; but the kids couldn't sit quite still enough for that. They did pretty well and he got within a foot or two of us. Here are some pictures I took. It made our little excursion to the park that much more special.











3 comments:

Marisela said...

Thats neat! Oregon squirrels are so frindly.

Jules said...

I actually LOVE watching squirrels! I've sat at the park close to our house while the kids were playing and watched several squirrels, it is pretty fun!

Cherrie said...

What a neat experience for the kids. What a good mommy taking them to the park..