Monday, April 14, 2008

The Ice Cream Adventure

The other evening, I think it might have been on our way home from church, Matt had this bright idea to stop at McDonald's and get the kids each a kiddy cone to enjoy on our way home. We wondered why they charged us a dollar for each of these and then we got up to the window they handed us full sized cones for our kids! AAAHHH! We were expecting the little tiny ones that were only a couple of inches long that an adult could eat in 2 bites. Anyway, I was worried about what a disaster this would make of my already messy van; but what could we do? We gave them their cones and they enjoyed them. The mess they made actually wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. After awhile I noticed Garrison had turned his cone upside down and had taken a couple good sized bites out of the bottom of his cone! I thought it was pretty funny; so I got my camera out and took a couple of pictures.








I couldn't get a good shot of Christian. They sure appreciated their daddy that night!


10 comments:

Marisela said...

Your kids are so cute!

Jules said...

That was so sweet of you two to take a few minutes out of your life and get them that ice cream. I bet most of them will remember that forever :)

Cherrie said...

Your little Garrison so adorable with those locks of curls and that ice cream cone in his hand. Its always nice to do something special for them.

meNmykids said...

Our kids love it if we get them ice cream. They also make a terrible mess!

JoAnn said...

The grin on Ruby's face says it all!!

Trina said...

Those are the kind of memories that last a lifetime. I remember my mom buying us licorice ice cream cones a few times. It was black, well it stained green...lol. I was pretty little, but I still remember it!

Skylene said...

Your kids are so cute! My Summer used to like to take a bite out of the bottom of the cone too.

Sabriena said...

Like the others have said, "Your kids are so cute!" One of those rare ice cream on the way home nights, huh? For us, those nights usually happen when we are riding with Grandma! But, on occasion, our family has done the same. We've never happened to have our camera along, or I'm sure we'd have pictures, too. Looks like you have happy kids!

michelle said...

okay new post already .

Sabriena said...

I'm with Sis. Michelle. New post already! LOL. But seriously, post.