Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Life Long Friends

Last weekend we went to Ashley and Bodie's wedding. It was a beautiful wedding and I'm very glad I went. I would write up all the details; but I'm sure others already have or will. Sorry, I haven't read any blogs lately.

One of the reasons I was so glad to have gone was because there was a lot of brethren there that I hadn't seen in awhile and it was so good to see them. I only wish that I could have more time to visit with everyone. After seeing everyone I've really been thinking about how many good friendships I have with so many brethren. There's the one's my age that I grew up with and even the older ones that I can really say are my friends. Even if I don't see them very often I know that when I see them again our friendship will still be the same. I guess maybe not the same because as we grow and mature our friendships do too, but I know that there are so many brethren that will always be my friend. I have so many life-long friends that I can't even begin to count them. I am really blessed.

I thought about in the world it seems like most people are doing good if they can hold onto just a few friends their whole life. Me I'm surrounded by a whole network of friends that I know will always be there for me. It's really been a wonderful thing to think about these last few days.

So, for all my blogging buddies and all my other many wonderful friends; Thanks so much for your friendship! It really is a gift from God to be treasured.

On another note:
The memory card on my camera actually got full! So I was forced to take the time to download all my pics. It really is a huge amount of pictures and I've been slowly working on categorizing them and editing them; so as soon as I'm done I plan to make some posts with pics! I still don't have any pictures of my house because it doesn't seem done enough to take picures of. Sorry! I might try to at least take a picture of the outside. Also, I'm sorry I haven't taken the time to read everyone's blog. Hopefully someday soon I'll take the time to catch up with everyone and you'll be getting some comments from me!

8 comments:

Trina said...

Ohhhh friendships are so precious, and you are so right we, as the brethren, have an amazing network. It's something that is difficult to explain to others, but one that we all depend on and enjoy so much. I want to say that I am so thankful that I have gotten to know you and Matt in the last year, you will always have a place in my heart too.

meNmykids said...

Three cheers for friends! The faith is a fabulous family. It was good to see you for the little bit that we did.

Jules said...

That is a very true statement. I have alot of school friends that, in school, were my best friends, and now I don't even speak to them. And all of the sisters, just stay friends, I have a lot of friends that I've never met in person. We are honestly very blessed, aren't we :)

Cherrie said...

Friends are priceless. I love how the faith pulls so many of us together. Can't wait to see you. It will only be a few weeks. We leave on the 7th of July.....

marykathryn said...

It is a special bond that the brethren share that is truly like no other. Rusty and I are so glad that we have gotten to know you guys and your family, it is so great that our little assembely feels so homey.
BTW, no worries about making the rounds..I'm horrible about it too!

Tish said...

Cherrie,

I'm excited too! It will be so nice to have you guys here! We're all looking forward to it.

Sabriena said...

I'm glad that you had a good time. I did, too. It was really a beautiful wedding, huh! I guess it might be because I'm only 16, but I never thought about the world not keeping their friends like we do. I am not very comfortable around strangers, but when it is brethren, it is so peaceful and right, and I don't have to know them to feel that they know the Spirit of God. I can hardly wait until I'm in the Faith and can feel the fellowship among strangers - I know that I won't be able to experience it fully until I am in the Faith. We had an Ordinance Supper Sunday night. Two men were baptized! I always feel happy at these occasions, even though I still haven't had the privilege of joining myself. Anxiously awaiting pictures!

Chantel H said...

Friendships are definately blessings from God. I don't know what I would do without the ones I have.