Monday, June 2, 2008

Telling My Secret

Well, I never can seem to keep this kind of news to myself for very long...

I'm pregnant with baby number 5! I have to admit that at first I wasn't too thrilled, but it didn't take me very long at all to get excited about the news and want to start telling everyone about it! I'm not very far along. According to my calculations I should be due in January sometime. As soon as I find which box my calendar is in I will call Sis. Cindy and have a more exact date to tell everyone.

All of my other children have been about a year and a half apart. When this baby is born Garrison will be close to being 2 1/2; which is a pretty good space. Usually at this point I'm still in panic mode wondering how in the world I'm going to handle yet another baby; but I feel more ready this time. I'm really looking forward to having another tiny little baby to love and hold! I know life will be more stressful and I do need prayers that we can be the kind of home that God wants us to be. That we can raise these children that he has given us the way that he would want us to.

I never did get back to my pre-Garrison weight, which is kind of a bummer; so I'm hoping I can maintain my pregnancy weight better than I usually do. I, of course have been trying not to think of labor too much at this point. I always pray mightily while I'm pregnant that the Lord will get me through the hard part, and he always has; for that I am very thankful. For now I will just concentrate on thoughts of adorable babies and on restocking my supply of maternity clothes and baby stuff; because, stupid me, got rid of it all! I think a lot of it I gave to my sister Alicia and she has saved it and will loan it back to me.

Well, that is my great big news for today! Sorry still no pictures. Life has been crazy, but I'm hoping it will slow down soon.

15 comments:

Sabriena said...

Ooooh! That's so exciting! You'll have to hurry and have the baby, and visit us so that we can love up on him/her. I LOVE babies!

Jules said...

WOW!!! Congratulations! :D Babies are such a great blessing. There is definately a BABY BOOM going on right now it seems like. I have been getting baby fever for a while now. I think I'll probably be joining the "boom" within the next 6 months. HEHE. But I'm so happy for you :) Hopefully it will be a girl, so Ruby can have a sister. You take care, and don't forget, we all LOVE baby bump pictures ;)

Kim said...

Congrats!

michelle said...

wow more babies in the family.

Marisela said...

Well you already told me but I will still say Congradulations! Babies are sweet!

meNmykids said...

Congratulations!!! Babies are fabulous, lots of work, but fabulous. We all need to take seriously the raising of our little ones into upright men and women. It is not easy, and doesn't seem to get easier as they grow. Just new issues. I'm sure you will replenish your supplies of maternity/baby stuff quickly, it is amazing how quickly you can even over replenish. Hope you feel well.

Cherrie said...

Congratulations!!! How exciting!!! Wow, all these new babies will be so much fun.

michelle said...

babies babies yeah!

JoAnn said...

Congratulation!! Babies are just wonderful.

Marisela said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sylvia said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I hope you feel well during this time. There is going to be a lot of beautiful babies out there.

Sis Stubby said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!

Trina said...

Congratulations!! I am finally getting around in the blogworld, but I was already able to tell you CONGRATS in person! Babies are a gift from the Lord. January will be here before you know it. Im so glad that you don't have morning sickness, that would be the last thing you would need with 4 young children. Well let the prayers begin for the new little one that God is making for your family and this little assembly. The children/parent ratio is way out numbered here...LOL!

michelle said...

So do you know what part of January yet?

Tish said...

No, I still haven't found my calendar that I wrote my dates in. I'm sure it's somewhere, but I haven't come across it yet. I'm pretty sure it'll be mid-January. Also, if for some reason I never find the calendar I'll have Sis. Cindy measure me when I'm farther along. That method seems to be pretty accurate.