Tuesday, October 7, 2008

A Faithful Prayer

For a few months now I've had a very personal affliction, I guess you'd call it. It's actually the same one I had the elders for at our camp-out. The problem did not go completely away like I had hoped. Last week it got so bad that I was at my wits end and I was really having a hard time dealing with it. It is not a serious thing, just very bothersome and annoying; so I feel bad that I was having such a hard time with it, but I was. It's something that is supposed to be very easy to take care of with medicine, but I really want to trust in the Lord with it. The really hard part was that it seemed like there was nothing I could do, but just endure. Like I said, I was getting very frustrated with it.

On Sunday Sis. Marisela came and prayed for me. I was so thankful for that prayer and I told her so after church! I had been hoping someone would come pray for me, but didn't want to ask even God to send someone, because it really isn't that serious of a problem. Just the fact that she prayed for me made me feel better. Even if God doesn't take it away I know that he sees me and is aware of my small trial. It was a great comfort to me. Well, since Sunday my problem has been better. It would be wonderful if it went away completely, but I am so thankful for the relief that I have. Thank the Lord for his blessings and the faithful prayer of my dear sister!

6 comments:

Sabriena said...

That is so wonderful. God is so amazing, and His love is so obvious. The prayer in itself was miraculous enough, showing that God knows and cares for you. The relief was an added bonus! I'll keep praying for you. I'd forgotten about any particular thing (except for your dad), but now I'll remember to pray for your personal relief. I hope your dad gets to feeling better soon. Toby is cute! I'm sure your kids adore him.

Mom of 3, Aunt of 16 said...

That is so wonderful. I'll be keeping you in my prayers.

michelle said...

Thankfull for the faithfull ness of our brethern to pray for others.Hope hatever is bothering you gets better.I am feeling good,I just wish I knew what was happening.I still don't think I am having any movement.My tummy looks like I am mabe about 3 months along in the morning when I get up and by afternoon when I have ate and drank I am looing more like 5 months.But just not sure if baby is okay.I just trying to keep thinking that soon I will feel omething .Maybe it is just hiding behind the plecenta and so I don't feel much or anything.I have read that can happen and until it just starts getting bigger you don't feel it.

meNmykids said...

So glad that you got what you needed. God is so good to us.

Skylene said...

Sorry to hear that your problem wasn't completely gone but glad that you got relief again!

Kim said...

Is there any update about your dad? Thanks!