Monday, October 13, 2008

Dad Update

Life has been busy for me, but I thought I would take the time to post a quick update on how my Dad is doing.

There were a couple of days last week where he seemed to be doing quite a bit better and we thought he was on the mend. My Mom called Friday night and said that he was in severe pain, worse than ever, and had called for the elders. He had a really bad night that night. Matt went down Saturday morning and spent the day, that night and part of Sunday with him. While Matt was there he wasn't in such horrible pain, but he wasn't doing good still. The biggest worry is that his stomach is really swelled up because his bowels are backed up. I guess he was able to go a little bit today, but not much. My sister and her husband will be flying in tomorrow from OK, and some of Dad's family from OK left this morning to come out.

I plan to go back down tomorrow afternoon and stay for a few days. My Mom is really worried that if he doesn't get better soon that he won't get better at all. I appreciate the comments, and I've told my Mom about all the prayers coming from the blogging world. Just keep praying for all of us.

Thank You All!!

11 comments:

Kim said...

Thanks for the update. I called and talked to your Mom today. My husband and I would both really like to come see him. If it is the Lords will we will be taking another quick trip over to Oregon. Your Dad is such a sweet man that we both have enjoyed visiting with time after time. A couple years ago I had the opportunity to REALLY sit and visit with your Mom. I had met her but that was the first time we really sat down to chat. It was very sweet to me. I havent been able to see them since Eric's funeral and would love to run over and see them again. We'll see what the Lord has in the plan. Of course our prayers are for the family. Keep the updates coming when you can.

Sis Stubby said...

You have my prayers.Tell your Mom we are praying for her too.

meNmykids said...

We'll keep praying. Lots of prayers for him up this way. Praying for you all.

Trina said...

Well you know he is in our prayers Tish. Keep us updated, of course. Im sure it is a comfort to your mom and dad that you are able to come down for a few days.

Sabriena said...

Definitely will do. Thanks for the update.

Beth said...

Hope your Dad is having some better days...you are all in our prayers.

Tiffany said...

Thank you for the update, our prayers are with you and your family <3

Skylene said...

I am so sorry that he is not doing well. I will be praying for him.

Marisela said...

Wow I am behind on your posts. I didn't know you got a dog. I bet the kids love it!

Praying your dad is doing better. It was great to go spend some thime down there.

Jules said...

I'm praying for him, and will continue to.

Sabriena said...

You should tell us what happens in Church on Sunday - I wonder if it will be like what we hear? I'll try to get a post on what happens here, too. And then tell us about your visit to Bro. Russel & Sis. Priscilla's. BTW, these are all suggestions, in case you are having writers block.