Monday, December 22, 2008

36 weeks

I'm finally getting around to posting a pregnancy picture. I'm now a little over 36 weeks, but this picture was taken at 36 weeks. I really only have a 3-4 weeks to go. It is amazing! I'm looking forward to finally getting to hold this little one in my arms and meet it face to face. I'm really dreading the labor of course. Just pray that I will get through it the right way. I always worry that I will not deal with labor well. And of course there is always the worry that something will go wrong. With all my others things were very normal; so I really don't have any reason to worry.

I still have quite a bit to do to get ready. Since Matt has been home I have organized the things that I have. There are a couple of things I still need to do, like burn the flour; but mostly I have a list of things I need to buy, but we have been stranded at home, so I have not been able to buy them. Hopefully this baby is not born 3 weeks early!

We went through all our little baby clothes and Matt & I picked out the first outfit for if it's a boy, and if it's a girl. The bassinet is set up by me bed now, and I have stuff set out for the birthing. Doing all this has made it all seem more realistic somehow. The baby moves constantly it seems, and I, of course am getting more an more uncomfortable, but nothing to really complain about. I'm so thankful for how well this pregnancy has gone. God is really good to me, I don't want to fail to thank him.

Just keep me in your prayers, and of course I will try to find a way to inform the blogging world of our new addition when it arrives!

13 comments:

Tiffany said...

You will be in my prayers. Did you carry high when you had your little girl? Or low with your boys? Just curious. Some women carry differently when its boys or girls. Can't wait to see him or her <3

Sis Stubby said...

I will be praying for you .I look forward to little ones.It is such a mircle from God

Mom of 3, Aunt of 16 said...

Can't wait for this little one. Sure hope its a girl since I already have girl things.LOL I've enjoyed the time spent feeling the baby move. Just can't wait to hold and love it.

Skylene said...

You look really cute! It is exciting to look forward to a new little one. I am way behind on your blog. You really took off blogging this last week! Everyone has been so slow about blogging lately I haven't even been checking much. It surprised me that several of you blogged while I was 'away'! I hope work turns up soon for Matt.

Sabriena said...

Preparing for a baby is so fun! I love oohing and aahing over their little clothes, and all their tiny things. While we were at Toys-R-Us, Xmas shopping today, I took Heidi into the baby section and got her all excited about the tiny things, too. It was really fun. Waiting for this baby... perhaps not as anxiously as you, but still yet!

Kim said...

I have visited with many sisters from lots of places and have heard different things they do when the babies are born but I havent heard about burning flour. Why do you do that? I have been with many sisters and have never done that. What scripture do you use? Is it the scriptures about the meat offerings? Just curious. Its really interesting. If you would rather not answer on this shoot me an email, crzymomto4kids@aol.com Cant wait to hear from you!

Sis. Lori P. said...

You are so cute! I can't believe you are about to have the baby! But, I am wondering what you meant by "I have to burn the flour"?

Tish said...

The burnt flour is what we use on the cord to help dry it out so that it will fall off. We burn it to sterilize it. There is no biblical reference or anything. It really works too because all of my childrens cords have fallen off within 4 days.

Sis. Lori P. said...

That's so interesting! My mother in law always had me use rubbing alcohol, and I really hated to do that to my newborn, because even though she said it didn't hurt, it still seemed uncomfortable. Now that my girls are having babies, we use an herbal cord powder that we found on a mid-wife supply website. Makes me feel lots better and it seems to work just fine. But it's nice knowing about the burnt flour too.

Kim said...

Interesting... Thanks for the info!

Jules said...

Hello, it has been a long time! I'm sorry about that, I'm trying to get caught up though :)
Awww, I always love seeing baby bumps :) You're getting very close! You have been and will continue to be in my prayers. Can't wait to hear your news!!!

Skylene said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I just heard the wonderful news. I am sooo glad you have a new baby and that the birth is happily finished!

Trina said...

Okay Sister....CONGRATULATIONS!!! I cant believe your little boy is here! We were just talking about whether you were ready Thursday night at church, and that very night you go into labor. What a blessing!! We will be by to see the new baby VERY SOON!!!