Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Sisters Party!

Last weekend we went down to Brownsville to the sisters party there. Since we have so few sisters here they were nice enough to include us in their gift exchange. Sis. Trina didn't make it, but I had her name; so I was able to give her her gift early and see her unwrap it!

We all met at a Chinese restaurant. The only child there was baby Corrina. It seems like usually I'm so busy with my own kids that I don't get to hold her; so I had some nice Corrina time along with some good fellowship with my sisters. There was lots of good food and laughter. It was a very nice evening out.

We ate first. Each person had a little hollow Christmas decorations with a number and a letter in it. After we were done eating my mom brought a basket around and we each picked a gift out of it according to the letter we had. One person (I think it was Wenona) was a winner and got the door prize and all the left over gifts from the basket.

Next we played dirty Santa. It was fun! There were a lot of good gifts; so there was lots of gifts getting stolen. We laughed a lot!

Sis. Janette is opening the dirty Santa gift that I brought. Unfortunately someone stole it from her!

Here's Alicia with baby Corrina, on the table you can see the Angel tree topper that I won in the dirty Santa game, and yes I stole it! I think I actually had to steal it twice!! Sis. Trish Knight is enjoying herself


Finally we all one by one opened our gifts from each other. We all got some really nice stuff! Alyssa had my name. She got me a soap making kit (I'm really excited to try it out!), some smelly good bath gel and she got each of the members of my family little small gifts. They really appreciated that! I didn't think to get any pictures of me with my gift though.


Sis. Cierra Smith is opening her gift from Sis. Cindy. Sis. Marisela is watching.

Sis. Connie is opening her gift (I forgot who had her name). Sis. Cindy brought Sis. Deanie to the party. It was nice to see her again.

Sis. Sara was very excited to get this maternity dress that Sis. Cierra made for her.

My Mother-in-law had my mom. She got some pretty cute stuff!

Sis. Trish is opening her gift from Sis. Marisela. She got a Christmas welcome mat, among other things.

Sis. Tina brought Sis. Janette and Sis. Amber. It was a nice surprise having them there. We enjoyed them.

Sis. Cindy is opening her gift. She really put a lot of effort into planning this. She did a very good job as usual and we all had fun.


Wenona got a very nice skirt and shirt outfit from Sis. Trish.
It was a really nice evening. Matt had the kids for the evening. He took them to Shari's and then went shopping at Wal-Mart. I was worried that it would be too much for him to have to deal with all 4 kids by himself in town like that. He said they were very good though. I was glad that we were both able to have an enjoyable night. It would have been kind of a let down to come back to a grumpy husband and grouchy kids. Here was yet another small blessing to be thankful for!










4 comments:

michelle said...

Looks like you sisters had a good party.Wish we could have been there.I so miss get to gethers with the sisters and the brothern.Wedon't have many sister gettogethers here with only 4 of us here .Chantel is planning a little thing for next week ,a cooking exchange and lunch.i am sure it will be nice.

Jules said...

I LOVE playing dirty santa! I played it twice this year. It is fun to steal gifts from someone else, but not so fun to have them stolen from you, hehe. It looks like you all had a great time!

Cherrie said...

That looks like so much fun. I can't wait till next year. Hopefully we will be there and settled nicely.

Mrs.Martin said...

I loved seeing everyone again Tish! That looks like everyone had fun and it is so good to get together. Sis Cyndi always does a good job. Love ya.