Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Mourning lost pictures

We had a great weekend in Brownsville for Christmas. I know I'm a little late blogging about our Christmas. I should have blogged sooner because when I went to download all of my great Christmas photos my camera said that my memory card needed formatting and when I did that it deleted all my pictures! So I have no pictures of this Christmas. What a rotten deal! I have no idea why my memory card did that. I haven't even touched my memory card in months! So anyway, I'm a little bummed that all those pictures are gone. It's a good thing that the memories can't be deleted too...

We had a good time. The first few days of the weekend we spent with Matt's mom, Linda. Things were pretty relaxed; we had a little gift exchange with her. The kids always enjoy spending time with thier Grandma Linda!

Saturday we went to a Christmas party at one of Matt's cousin's house. It was nice to see Linda's family again. None of them are in the faith, but we still enjoy catching up with them sometimes.

Sunday afternoon Linda had other plans, but we actually entertained company at her house (she of course, was ok with this) Bro. Ted & Sis. Tina McCracken, Bro. Rocky & Sis. Tammi Easter & Sis. Amber McCracken were at church so we couldn't pass up the opportunity to have them over and get to visit with them. My sister Wenona brought her family over too. It was nice to get to visit with everyone. I actually enjoyed playing hostess at someone else's house!

Sunday night we spent with my Dad and Mom. Christmas Eve morning we let the kids each open one gift. Matt thought they would have more of an opportunity to play with them; and he was probably right. I did a little bit of baking and then we spent a couple hours in the afternoon visiting with my Grandpa. After that we went to Josh and Alicia's house (my other sister) and ate snacks and played games. The kids exchanged gifts. They each had drawn a name so each child ended up with a gift bought especially for them. My parent's have 15 grandkids, so it got pretty crazy, but they did pretty well. We enjoyed playing games. We especially enjoyed Apples to Apples. This was our first time to play that game and we had a lot of fun. We ended up staying pretty late.

That evening Matt also picked up a seat for our van that has built in carseats. Someone was selling it and they actully welcomed us picking it up on Christmas Eve because they needed the money for their Christmas trip. The seat has been VERY nice to have.

The kids actually slept in on Christmas morning (we were thankful) They unwrapped their gifts, we had breakfast; then mom and I got busy on our part of Christmas dinner. Mom had rented a place in Brownsville that has a little kitchen and more space for all of us. It was nice to be able to spread out. We ate a HUGE dinner, there was so many leftovers it was almost sinful ;)! We had a visitor just come in and we offered her some food. I don't know her story, but she had some mental problems I think. She spent the night with Dad and Mom.

We had to leave that evening because Matt had to work the next day. We took Linda home with us because she had the week off. The kids did really good on the drive home and we made really good time.

1 comment:

meNmykids said...

That sounds fantastic, lots of family. So glad that the memories can't be deleted, we'd be in trouble a lot if that were so.