Monday, February 4, 2008

5th Chapter of 2nd Corinthians

I almost didn't read my Bible today because I had so much to do today. Maybe that's why I decided to; so I could prolong the dreaded housework! Whatever my reason was I decided to sit down and read a Chapter in the Bible this morning. Unless I feel otherwise inclined I just pick up where I left off last time. So today I read the 5ht Chapter of 2nd Corinthians. I thought I would share with all of you some of what I found; and the insight that I feel God gave me. I should stope being amazed at how this happens a lot to me. Anyway, here goes...

"For we know if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the Heavens.
For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from Heaven:...
For we that are in this tabernacle do groan, being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life....
Therefor we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord:
(For we walk by Faith, not by sight)
We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.
Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent we may be accepted of him.

Now I did skip a few verses in this part of the chapter. I'm sure if you want to read the whole thing you can. Sometimes it's hard to put into words what the Lord shows us. I prayed about how I would explain in words what I felt God was telling me when I read this morning. Basically I'm not supposed to be comfortable here on earth in this earthly body. That's not to say that I shouldn't strive for certain comforts here on earth. I felt like God was telling me that my desire for Heaven should be greater than my desire for earthly things. If my soul stops "groaning" for the Heavenly home which is in Heaven; (or it's just become a muted thing in the back of my mind); then I need to re-examine my life. I feel like God was reminding me that I am here on earth so I can earn that home in Heaven. I should stop giving these earthly comforts so much importance and concentrate on what is important for me to make it to Heaven.

There was another verse farther down in the chapter (the 20th verse) that I guess I've never really examined before:

"Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christs' stead be ye reconciled to God."

I've heard over and over again the ministers saying how we are ambassadors for Christ. It wasn't until this morning that I really thought about what an ambassador was. An ambassador is someone sent to another country to speak on behalf of their home country; to try and persuade the foreign country to conform to their way of thinking. We are supposed to be speaking on behalf of Christ, beseeching others to be reconciled to God. I guess I really already knew this, I just did't quite think of it in this way before.

The last verse of the chapter (21st verse) speaks for itself:

"For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin, that we might be made the righteousness of God in him."



I would like to make a note to everyone:
For some reason spellcheck hasn't been working for me; so if there's any misspellings, you'll have to bear with me. I'm not sure what the problem is, but hopefully it stops pretty soon.

2 comments:

Cherrie said...

I so need to spend some of my time reading more. Sorry your spell check isn't working.

Trina said...

My spell check hasnt been working either....ugh! I love the whole ambassador part of that scripture. How, seriously, beautiful is that. We have been trying to read more scripture here too. It is such a comfort to read what the Lord shows us.