Wednesday, February 6, 2008

A Good Memory

Sis. Cherrie has a post on her blog titled "Lost and Found". It reminded me of something that happened to my dad. Some of you might have heard this story before; but it's worth telling again.

As most of you know, my dad owned his own roofing business before he became blind. He had a wrist watch that he used to keep track of his workers hours. If I remember right it was actually a pretty beat up watch, but it had an important purpose. Somehow he lost it. I don't know it it had been lost for a few days, or just one, but he couldn't find it.

He was going to bed one night; his watch was still missing. He decided to pray that God would help him find it. He said that he'd had a dream in the night. In that dream, he'd looked under his bed, and his watch was face down in a certain spot. He turned it over and it said a certain time (I think it was 9 something). The next morning he got up like usually and started going about his day. After awhile he remembered his dream; so he thought he'd go look under his bed for his watch. Sure enough, there it was, face down in the exact same spot as in the dream! He turned it over, and it said the same exact time as in his dream!

Now that story in itself is pretty neat, but it doesn't stop there...

Sometime after this happened my dad misplaced his olive oil bottle. (For those of you who don't know, my dad always carries a tiny bottle of olive oil in his pocket so that he'll always have it handy if he needs to annoint someone, or something). He couldn't remember where he'd put it and he couldn't find it anywhere. He went to go to bed, and remembered how God had helped him find his watch. He thought surely, if God can help me find my wristwatch, surely he will help my find my olive oil bottle. So once again he prayed before going to sleep that God would help him find his olive oil bottle. He woke up the next morning, and he hadn't had a dream like the last time. He was kind of dissapointed because he'd really thought that God would help him find it. Then he went to roll out of bed, and there was his olive oil bottle in his hand!

God is soo amazing! Sometimes we forget the great power of God; It's nice to be reminded by things like this.

5 comments:

Cherrie said...

God will always answer our prayers in his way if we just ask. Those are some good stories.

meNmykids said...

Wow! Gotta love that kinda stuff. Gives you more and more faith.

Trina said...

Wow!! That is pretty neat!!

Jules said...

WOW! Those 2 stories gave me goosebumps. That is truly awesome how God helped your dad find those things! I got a pair of shoes for Christmas and one of them is missing, so I'm going to put my trust in the Lord and ask for help for me to find the missing shoe. You have inspired me :) Thanks so much for this blog.

Jules said...

I found it, I found it!