Monday, May 5, 2008

Finally Posting Again!

Here I am finally posting again. It has been so long since I caught up in the blogging world. I've been reading people's blogs and it had been so long that I had to connect to the older blogs to see all the ones I had missed. I'm still not done reading everyone's blog, but I will get to it eventually. It was nice to catch up. I decided I better put a new post of my own. There's been a lot going on.

We took the kids to the zoo a few weeks ago, but I never posted about it because I wanted to post pictures and I haven't downloaded the pictures off my camera yet.

Matt and I took a much needed vacation for our 7th Anniversary (which is actually today) I will post more about it when I stop procrastinating the picture thing.

Here's the news that I feel like I will make a full length blog about (though I'm going to try to make it short because I have a lot to do)...

We are going to be moving again!!! We aren't moving to a different assembly, but our lease runs out on this house this month, so we applied for a different house and got approved! I'm not looking forward to the hassle of moving and having to get situated in a new house. It took me 6 months to feel like I was completely done moving into this house! Anyway, I am excited about this house! For some reason I'm really into houses and different floor plans. This house has some neat little quirks that makes it different and I think I'm going to like them.

I really feel like God blessed us with this house. When I got the application for the home, they said that their policy was to only accept applicants who's monthly bills were 65% or less of their monthly income. Ours is more than that, but we always pay our bills and house payment. I thought about not even applying because if we didn't get approved there was a nonrefundable application fee of $90. We decided to apply though because we liked the house so much and it was such a good deal.

The house we live in now is a great neighborhood, but it's a development neighborhood; so the houses are very close together, and we don't have much of a yard and there's really not parking for company. When we have company either us or them have to park a few blocks away. This new house we will be moving in has a decent sized yard and plenty of parking. It is in a more established neighborhood; so there are nice tall trees and the houses are more spread out. Even though its still in the city it has a more small town feel to it. The house is a little closer to the "main drag", which Matt wanted for commuting to work every day. It's also a 4 bedroom instead of 3 and 700 sq. foot more! All for only $55 more a month than we are paying now.

We are supposed to sign the lease and get the keys on Wednesday, and we're hoping to do most of the moving of the big stuff on Saturday. I'm still trying to decide if I'm going to try to drive Christian to school for the rest of the school year since we'll be moving to a new area, or if I should just pull him out of school for the rest of the year. He's only in Kindergarten and there will only be a few more weeks of school anyway. What do all of you think?

I will try to post pictures when I put new batteries in my camera and get back to the house to take the pictures and stop putting off loading the pictures onto my computer.

Tomorrow the property management people for this house will be showing it; so today I'll be busy getting my house ready for that.

I'm sure this will prove to be a very busy week. My mom was so nice to me and has come to spend the week with me to help me get ready for everything. Thanks Mom!

11 comments:

meNmykids said...

Congratulations on the new house. I hope that it is as good as you think. So nice for your mom to come help.

michelle said...

just heard from my mom that you guys found a place .hope we can get over soon to see it.good luck on the moving.

Marisela said...

I'm happy it worked out for you guys. How nice of your mom to come and help you. If you have anytime this week maybe we can all get together. If you need any help let me know.

I think if I were you I would just keep Christian out of school for the last few weeks. I wouldn't want to get up and drive him every morning, but thats just me.

Amber Lois said...

That is really cool. I hope you like the new house. In regards to you last comment I have never talked to the lady before.

Jules said...

How exciting for your new house! kids definately need a place to play! And Happy Anniversary! Just 4 days after ours! (And 2 years ;) I hope you two had a nice getaway! We sure did! Well it is nice seeing new posts from ya :) Looking forward to pics, and we'll TTYL.

Sabriena said...

Well I'm glad you posted again. Hope to see those pictures soon! That's so exciting for you, moving into a new house - even with all the hassle it is. It's nice to have a bigger yard, the kids have more room to play, and the adults don't have to be so nervous that children are running into the street to get run over. I'm really happy for you!

JoAnn said...

The house sounds awesome! I am so very happy for you. Sounds like a steal of a deal for only 55 more a month. As far as enrolling Christian in school I would just wait until the next school year. It would be a huge adjustment for him for just a few weeks. Much easier in the fall I would think. Hope the move goes well.

Cherrie said...

How exciting, I sure hope you enjoy your new house. Can't wait to see it.

Skylene said...

Yup my name is skylene marie. Sorry I didn't tell you about my arrival date in Wa. I am supposed to fly out the 30th of May! I'm really excited. And that is wonderful that you have the new house! Is it the one we were talking about on the phone or did you find something else?

Tish said...

Sky,
I actually don't remember which house I talked to you about; we looked at so many; but this one is definitely the cream of the crop! When we signed the papers the lady told us that there were 13 applicants behind us! I guess she hadn't seen the house yet and she kept saying how great the house was for the price.

I'm still not sure what to do about Christian going to school. I plan to talk to his school today. I'm leaning more towards just pulling him out for the rest of the year. I don't want to put him in his new school, and I really don't see how well it will work dragging all the kids up in the morning and having him at his school before 8. I usually have a hard time getting the kids around by 10!

crazy elise said...

wow looks like you guys ar gonna be busy with moving again. I really don't want to move (I finally have my room how I always dreamed of having it) and I am always very aginst the talk of us moving.