Tuesday, May 13, 2008

A Quick Note

We don't have Internet yet at out new house. It's one of the things on my list to take care of. We still have out computer set up here at out old house until we get Internet in the new one. I'm taking care of some things here today; so I thought I'd type up a quick update for all of you.

Saturday a lot of the menfolk from church, and even one guy Matt works with, came to help move all the big stuff. It was such a big help having all of them get all of that done. Our new house is starting to look like we live in it now. Matt still hasn't put all the kids' beds together and there's still a lot of boxes for me to unpack; but I really like the new house. It's really coming together and I have some neat ideas for it! Last night I made a fire in the fireplace. It felt nice to take some time to sit back and enjoy it all. There's probably only enough firewood to do that a few times, but the cold season is really coming to an end (I hope); but I would like to get some firewood for next year. I love having a fireplace (except if one of the kids gets burned) and it will save on the heating bill if we can burn the wood instead of use the heat. Sorry, still no pictures; but my life is so busy right now, it's crazy! We made plans to have a singing at our house this Saturday. I thought that would motivate me to get everything ready. I'm going to be very busy, but I'm looking forward to having everyone in my new home!

The old house still has a few things in it that I need to take to the new house. We have until the end of the month to get completely moved out and get the place cleaned up. Today I'm emailing our property management people because we can't get out dryer to work and then I'm going to stuff things in the van and take it to the new house. Well, I better go, so I can get started!

I just did spell-check, I didn't know that Internet had to be capitalized?? That's interesting.

7 comments:

michelle said...

Can't wait for some pictures or a chance to come over and see you guys. Is there any chance you are going to make it to the campout?

meNmykids said...

Wish we could come to the singing. I doubt if we can, but it sure sounds like a blast. I would love to see all of you and your new homes etc. And babies. Hope your house comes together quickly and the singing is great! We had one here the other day and it was fabulous.

Cherrie said...

I am so glad that you are getting settled. I can't wait to see the new place. I wish we was there to go to the sing'n.

Sabriena said...

I would also love to go to the singing, but I guess we can't. Oh well. My thoughts will be there, though! I'm so happy for you getting a good house and now you're moving in! God is so good to work things out for His people. I would love a wood fireplace. We have one, but we haven't installed it yet. When we do, the room for our furniture... Well, let us say that when we had the singing a couple weekends ago, we barely had enough seating, and we had brought in the (hard) benches from our dining room, too.

Jules said...

Moving is suck a hard job, but from the sounds of it, it is well worth it for your family. I would LOVE having a fireplace! It is a little scary always having to worry that a child will touch it and get burned, but I would definately love having one :) Post some pics as soon as you can :D

Marisela said...

I really like your new house. I'm glad it worked out for you guys to get it.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.