Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Pumpkin Patch

After the days of being apart while I was visiting my Dad, Matt and I decided to do something fun as a family on Saturday. Around here there are quite a few farms that are open to the public this time of year. We went to one last year that we really enjoyed; so we decided to take the kids to a farm again.



At first it seemed like the day might not not turn out that well. The first farm we went to was not as interesting for the kids as we had hoped; so they were kind of grumpy and irritable. We finally left and decided to go to the same farm as we had went to last year since we knew we enjoyed it last year (and it happened to be close to where we were already)



This farm was much more fun. There was a neat gift shop that Matt and I enjoyed browsing through. We bought some fresh apples and squash and a few other little items. There was a huge blown up apple bouncy toy that the kids enjoyed jumping in. They also had face painting and a hayride. We all rode the hayride together and really enjoyed it. They also had a pumpkin patch that the kids enjoyed climbing around in. They had hay bale mazes too, but for some reason our kids didn't go in them. I guess they were too busy with the other things. We took pictures of course! I decided to post last years pictures from the pumpkin patch to compare how the kids have grown in the past year.



All in all we had a pretty good day. It was nice to enjoy a fun day as a family!





Here we are on the hayride (I'm taking the picture) What an adorable family I have!

Here are all the kids in the pumpkin patch.



Here are Ruby and Garrison last year. Notice Ruby's faithful elephant? I still feel sad when I see pictures of him. I wish we hadn't lost him...


Here is Christian and Anthony last year.


Here are all the kids together last year.


This is Ruby posing in the pumpkins this year.


Here she is with elephant last year.


Garrison this year.

Garrison last year.


Christian this year.


You can't see him real well, but this is Christian last year.


Anthony this year. The sun is in his eyes, but it's still a cute picture!


Anthony last year.

















4 comments:

Jules said...

All these pictures ae soooo cute! It looks like a very fun day!!!

michelle said...

Ruby does not look like she has changed much in the last year ,but all the boys do even Christian.Looks like you had fun.

meNmykids said...

Love the photos! Cute kids you have.

Sabriena said...

The pictures are great. I'm glad that you ended up having fun. I liked all the comparisons between this year & last year. You can tell that your kids have grown since then.

I like your "Go Light Your World" song.