Monday, July 21, 2008

THE FAITH

There is something that I've been really thinking about lately and Bro. Lee got up yesterday and talked along the same lines. I've been thinking about how we call our walk as brethren living the Faith. Most of the time when we say that, it's more of a title than anything else; but lately I've been thinking about the definition of Faith. This is what Bro. Lee talked about. Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. Basically when we are living the Faith we are providing the evidence of things not seen. The love of the brethren, the wonderful works we've seen done that only God could work out; the spirit that we feel bringing forth the wonderful things that we have the opportunity to experience. It's all the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things not seen. I've just never quite thought of it along those lines before.

Also when I was finally taking time out today to read my Bible I came across a verse. It's one of those verses that I think get overlooked a lot. I've read it lots of times, but never really thought about what it means before. It's the second to the last verse of Galatians; so I guess I've just thought of it as a closing verse, without any real in dept meaning. Anyway, here it is:

"From henceforth let no man trouble me for I bear in my body the marks of the Lord Jesus."

All of us who have the Spirit in us have the marks of the Lord Jesus; so we really have no reason to be troubled by anything that man could throw at us. I just thought this was an interesting verse worth sharing. It's in the 6th chapter of Galatians. That chapter is full of a lot of good things, but this verse really stuck out for me this time. Maybe God was sending me a message to not let myself be troubled or worried about the things of this world. If God be for us who can be against us.

2 comments:

Sister D said...

I felt encouraged and touched by what you said. Its as if the Lord knew just what I needed to be reminded of and you wrote it. I really enjoyed what Bro Lee talked on and I had some of those same thoughts as He was being used. My husband recently said in church that We are the proof that Jesus lived and died. Our lives are a reflection of the truth that the Faith is real. I know from the life he's given me that I will never be worthy of, that His blessings are real and His mercies are real. It was so sweet to get to see your family and and feel the love of your dear brethren. God Bless you

Cherrie said...

Beautifully put Tish. By the way I have enjoyed the time we have got to spend together.