Sunday, July 13, 2008

The Holcomb Sisters

Just before we moved to this house I had found my Holcomb Sisters CD. For some reason I couldn't find it for the longest time. I put it aside because I wanted to be able to listen to it. Somehow during the move I lost it again and hadn't been able to find it. I've really been wanting to listen to it too.

Well, I got a notice from the library that I had some overdue books. I quickly renewed them so they wouldn't rack up more of a debt; and then I went searching for them. I found all of them but one. As I was looking for this missing book I found my Holcomb Sister's CD! For some reason it was in a drawer of a table that we've only had since we moved to this house. Someone else must have found it a put it there without me knowing it. Anyway I'm glad I found it and I finally got to listen to it again!

Sadly, I still have not found the missing library book. I'm really running out of places to look. I can only renew it so many times before it just starts racking up dues. I really hope we find it before them. The ironic thing is that I got it for Christian to read and he never got to read it! I sure hope it turns up before then.

3 comments:

Jules said...

I'm so glad you found your cd. I hate it when I can't find something after a move. I actually am going through the same thing. I can't find 2 8x10 family pictures that I REALLY want to find and hang them up! (Sigh) Oh well. And I sure do hope you find that library book. That is a bummer.

JoAnn said...

Tisha,

I lost my Holcomb sisters CD too. I am especially sad about this since Sister Jo Grounds passed away this year shortly before my mom. She is someone that I have loved every since I met her and to not get to hear her sing again is just heart breaking. Maybe my Mom in Law has a copy of the CD that I could burn? I'll have to check in to that.

Sabriena said...

I hope it turns up soon, too. I'm glad that you found your Holcomb Sisters CD. When you are missing a CD (or a tape, for that matter), and you find it and get to listen to it, it is so wonderful. It gives you a good feeling to be able to listen to something you are feeling like listening to, though, even if right away. Hope you find your library book!