Friday, August 22, 2008

Girls Night Out

Getting a pedicure is something I really like to do to indulge myself. Most of the time I feel guilty spending extra money on something frivolous like that; so I don't do it very often. With Matt working all this overtime I felt like it would be ok to go get a pedicure.

I found a Beauty School not far from me that only charged $15! Since I decided to do this I thought I would see if any of my fellow sisters wanted to come too. It ended up that they ALL wanted to go! It worked out that the school was open in the evenings when our husbands could babysit. So we all agreed on Tuesday. There ended up being 7 of us in all. It was fun to get pampered like that and get to visit together.

Before our appointment we all met at a Starbucks that was nearby and got ourselves a drink. Because there were so many of us we ended up having to have 2 appointments times; but that was ok. I was one of the later appointments and I just got to visit with those that were getting theirs done first. The only thing that wasn't good there was they only had folding chairs for you to sit in. I was ok, but poor Sis. Cherrie is 8 months pregnant, so she was pretty uncomfortable; but all in all we had a pretty good time. It was nice to have a girls night out.

Like I said, I don't get a pedicure very often; so when I do I like to make it worth while. I like to pick colors that are different. I especially like to get little decals on my toes. One of the girls had some decals and she let me have some! Here are some pictures of my pretty toes! I chose a pretty blue; with raspberry colored sparkles!


I really surprised some of the other sisters with my choice, but I'm very pleased with my pretty toes!

7 comments:

Jules said...

I also LOOOOVE pedicures! That is a good price too! But more than pedicures, I love getting facials, they are the MOST relaxing thing to me. I like your toes, they turned out pretty.

Sis Stubby said...

I am with you sis. Everywomen needs a pedicure every now & then.And also a manicure. It makes you so relaxed.So therefor it is good for the whole family.Cause when mommas happy every bodys happy.LOL

Cherrie said...

Yes I agree it was a nice evening, but it was very misserable sitting in that chair. You did shock me a little with your bold choice of colors. But I really liked your choice. Thanks for getting us all together. I love to pamper myself....

Sabriena said...

I'm glad you had such a good time. That's nice that you could all get together like that and spend some time together.

Mom of 3, Aunt of 16 said...

I'm glad that you had so much fun! Yesterday Mom and I did each other's toes. Mom was saying that Aunt Clois would pay for Dad to get his nails done if he found a place to do it. And then a few minutes later Dad said that Aunt Clois would pay for both of them.
So maybe Dad and Mom will be having pedicure dates. LOL

Chantel H said...

I have never gotten a pedicure but it sounds like a lot of fun, especially the social aspect of it.

Aunt Peetza said...

here i my town $35 for one so it doesnt happen for me unless i can interest amanda in one while im visiting her. glad you ladys got to do that sounds fun.