Monday, August 11, 2008

A Good Day

Yesterday was a very good day for me.



We had a pretty good meeting. There was some of the ministry that seemed like they were holding up a mirror to me and saying "you need to work on this." It was very good for me.



After church we went to Bro. Dennis and Sis. Trina's for a potluck dinner. There was A LOT of good food. I've been scared to get on the scales today! I feel like we had some pretty good conversations and fellowship too. There was one conversation that was especially good for me that I needed to hear:



I had been having some child rearing issues, I knew that what I was doing wasn't really working, but I didn't really know a better way to deal with it. My dear sisters talked with me about it and gave me some really good advice. I want them all to know that I greatly appreciate there input and the loving and caring way they did it. I now have some different options to try and hopefully things will go better.



The big reason yesterday was such a good day for me is because it was a learning day for me. God has a wonderful way of showing me where I need to improve. Usually I listen and decide that I'm going to do better; and most of the time I do better, but then it seems like I get back into my usual groove and the Lord has to show me all over again that I need to improve.

I really prayed yesterday, last night and this morning that I could follow through with my intentions and actually form so lasting good habits. So far today I feel like I've done pretty good; but I really need prayers that I wouldn't slack off, that I would continue to do things how I should. My family and others would be so much better off if I would.

One of the first things I did this morning is took some time to read again. Today I read the 4th chapter of Ephesians. This is how the chapter starts out: It was exactly what I needed to read...

"I therefore the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called.
With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in Love,
Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace."

I so much want to walk worthy of the vocation wherewith I was called. I also feel like that how my sisters strived to help me yesterday was the fulfilling of the next 2 verses. Sometimes I wonder why God has so much patience with me, when I mess up and fail so many times, but I sure am glad he does!

Well, here I go to continue to try and walk worthy...

5 comments:

meNmykids said...

What a beautiful thing to be thankful for. It takes an honest heart to accept direction even from our loved ones. It takes a caring heart to try to change yourself to become what you know is best for those you love. Good for you and for your dear sisters.

Marisela said...

I thought Sunday was a wonderful day too. I'm sure I ate way too much food. To which my scale replied "Have Mercy" He he he. I really enjoyed the day with the brethren. Good meeting, good food, and good visits...the ideal was to spend a Sunday.

Cherrie said...

We all love you dearly and I feel that God teaches us through each other at times. I was reminded of my slackness and where I need to pick up the pace with my kids and especially Samuel. It is so easy to slack when I am pregnant and then I pay for it later.
Love you lots.....

Sabriena said...

I can't remember if I left you a comment on this post before... I think I was reading it over Mom's shoulder! Anyway, it is inspiring. I love to read these testimonies, and I'm glad that you've been uplifted Spiritually, lately.

Jules said...

I'm so glad that you had a good day :) It sounds like a very uplifting day, I like days like that :) Hope you are feeling good.