Friday, August 8, 2008

Paul's Blessing

Today I took the time to read a chapter in the Bible. Paul was talking to the Ephesians, but I felt like he was talking to me too. It seems like it was a blessing that he was requesting from God for all of God's children. I thought I would pass this blessing on to all my blogging buddies. Paul wrote from his heart to the Ephesians, and I share it with you from the heart. It's from the 3rd chapter of Ephesians; from the 16th verse to the 21st...

"That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man,
That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in Love,
May be able to comprehend with all Saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth and height;
And to know the Love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fullness of God.
Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,
Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen."

Reading this just gave me a wonderful loved and cared for feeling. God really is wonderful! I especially liked the part where it says he'll do even more than we ask or think. I'm so glad I'm a part of this and that I have a taste of the wonderfulness of God!

Last night I was reading Matt the weekly report I get emailed to me about our baby's growth. After reading it he said he really doesn't understand how people can see all the miracles (such as babies forming) that there are in nature and still not believe there's a God. They'd rather believe that things just happened all of a sudden on their own, or somehow evolved. When I feel the Love of God, the comfort of the Spirit, and feel the fullness of God, I'm so thankful that I'm not one of those who only believe in what they can see. I'm thankful that I can feel the Love of Christ that passeth knowledge. I'm glad I took the time to read this morning.

2 comments:

Sabriena said...

That's so neat. God really is wonderful. Those are good verses... but then, all of them are! I can't understand how somebody could possibly think that evolution is true, either. Or the big bang. Or whatever they think. For us brethren, it is so much easier just to know that it was God, who is the same God yesterday, today, and forever. I love it when people write these posts like this, or when I am able to hear somebody talk about the mercies of God. All the fun things in this world are nothing compared to just listening to somebody have a conversation in earnest about the Life that He's given. Not eavesdropping, by the way, I'm just talking about when I happen to be a witness. I'm sure you already knew that, but...

Skylene said...

Feeling the baby move is definately the best part of pregnancy. Glad you get to feel it so soon.