Thursday, August 21, 2008

Oregon Airshow

I'm kind of late with this post. My excuse is that I'm having a yard sale this weekend and I've been busy going through stuff.

A few weekends ago, Matt and I took the kids on Friday night to the airshow here. We had a really good time! Sometimes when we take our kids out it's not so fun because they get cranky or bored, but they actually did really good. All of the kids enjoyed watching the airplanes doing tricks; even Garrison. They had a lot of different planes doing different tricks. I had never been to an airshow and I really enjoyed it.

You can't see this plane real well, but they were bigger than the other planes doing tricks and there were 4 of them at once; and they had red, white and blue tail smoke. They were pretty impressive to watch.
Here was a duo doing some tricks. It definitely takes talent and lots of practice to get all the moves synchronized like they did.

This is a pretty good picture of one of the planes. I actually took a lot of pictures, but it was hard to get good ones.


When it started getting dark they had some planes go up that had some sort of sparkling tail smoke so you could see them in the dark; and they had some parachuters (my spell check just told me that parachuters isn't a word, but I don't believe it) with sparklers attached. It was pretty cool to see. I tried to take pictures, but it was useless. My camera is just not made to take good night pictures like that. They had a really good fireworks show at the end. We actually left during it because it was pretty late by then and Matt was tired and had to work the next day. We saw the fireworks as we were walking to our van though. It was very impressive. It was nice to get ahead of the traffic and get to go home without fighting the traffic rush after the fireworks were over.
It was a really enjoyable evening. It's so nice when we get to have some nice family time like that.



1 comment:

Jules said...

I LOVE going to airshows! They can do some AMAZING things in an airplane. It is very exciting. GLad you all had a nice time :D