Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Craft Project pictures

Well, I finally got done with the camp out quilt, and sent it on it's way back home. I think it looks great! I plan to buy some tickets at the camp out in hopes of winning it! Here is a picture of the whole quilt...

Here's a close up of the center.
The quilt was sent to a few different assemblies to make a border. Each assembly put somewhere on their border, their assembly name. Ours didn't show up real well on the big picture so here is ours:

For our border we decided on the dark brown, and since there are so many children in our assembly we decided to outline our children's hands in different fabrics and sew them onto our border. I think it turned out really cute; so here are some close ups of the corners where we put our hands...





Here is the other project I made. I made this diaper bag for Sis. Cherrie as sort of a going away gift, but I remembered to take some pictures of it before I gave it to her. I was very happy with how it looked. I think it turned out to be a good size. There are lots of pockets for all the little do-dads that mothers need to haul along with them everywhere! I have plans to make one for myself. I thought about waiting to post until I got that one done too, but I wasn't sure when I would get around to it; so here are these pictures. The first one is a view of the inside. I have some ideas of some different embellishments for mine rather than the bow. We will see if they work out. When I get it done I will try to make another post.



An a slightly different note, I sold 2 of my blankets through Maminko, and got my check! The woman in charge is away on her honeymoon, when she gets back I will find out if she wants me to make more to replace them!
I have other pictures to make some more posts. Hopefully you all will be seeing them soon...







5 comments:

Mom of 3, Aunt of 16 said...

The quilt top turned out really nice That diaper bag is so cute. And Polka Dots!

michelle said...

Those bags are great I love mine that Sis.Cyndie made me. I could make a post of it. The quilt looks great.I was alittle worried about how to get it started since I got it first and was only one to work on it with Elise help. It looks nice.

Cherrie said...

I must say you are so talented. I think you did a awesome job on the quilt. And I absolutely love my diaper bag. And just another thank you so much..... love and miss you...

meNmykids said...

The quilt is lovely! I love the hands idea. Good job on the diaper bag, I love polka dots.

Skylene said...

Wow Tisha I am impressed! You get a lot done. The quilt is beautiful and so is the diaper bag.