Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Weights

I've recently blogged about my struggle with prophesy. Last night I was laying in bed thinking about how it really shouldn't be as hard as it is for me. I was thinking about some things that I've allowed in my life that may be making serving the Lord harder. They aren't really bad things, but I was thinking about how they may be keeping me from being as close to the Lord as I should be.

Again, I was laying in bed thinking about things and I wasn't able to go to sleep. I decided to get up and read the Bible again. Here is the very first verse that I read:

Hebrews 12:1
Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us.
So...., I guess the Lord agrees with me that these things are weights that I need to set aside if I want to serve the Lord to the fullest. Please pray for me.

2 comments:

Barbara Reed said...

I will definately pray for you, I have been trying to set aside a few things myself that just seem to pop up again. Hopefully this will be the last time..

Sabriena said...

I will keep you in my prayers, Sis. Tisha. I hope to see you Thursday!