Monday, June 22, 2009

Did You Know...

I was racking my brain for some blog worthy material when I thought of this...

Many people who know me do not realize that my left hand looks like this:

When I was 2 (so I don't remember, but people have told me) we were visiting my Uncle Gene & Aunt Nadine. At that time they lived out in the country, and they had a bonfire. I guess the fire wasn't going, but there were hot coals. I was walking on the rocks around the fire and slipped. My cousin Brenda had some fast reflexes and grabbed me by the shirt before I could fall all the way in. These pictures show the scars from that fall. I'm sure the burns were bad, but I'm very thankful that the Lord watched out for me as a little child. If I had fallen all the way in it would have been so much worse.

Even people who know about the scars forget that I have them because they are not that noticeable. The scars have given my fingers a web look. They really don't affect me very much, except that I can't grasp things that are very big around, like large cups.
Anyway, so there's a little bit of information about me. If any of you are running out of blog worthy stuff, maybe you could post about some little known fact about yourself!

4 comments:

Kim said...

Thanks for sharing! Great Blog idea too. I am sure we all have "little known facts" about ourselves.

Barbara Reed said...

Wow, I have known you for pretty much all my life, and I didn't know that about you. How wonderful to carry the evidence of gods mercy with you daily. It is a miracle that it was just your hand. What a great testimony.

Sis. Lori P. said...

I agree with billynbarb! And I think you have a beautiful hand!

sopranoChristianpunkdiva said...

Rock on!! ;)