Wednesday, January 9, 2008

The Potty Training Roller Coaster!!!

I'm sure all of you (or most of you) know what I'm going through with Anthony right now. Potty Training can be a very trying experience for parents.

It took awhile for Anthony to even cooperate with me and potty train. My other two were already completely potty trained (except for bed wetting , which we still need to master) at this point. I can now finally say that Anthony is being potty trained. He's probably doing pretty good really, but I just want it to be over!!!!! Here's the low down on my roller coaster ride...

He started out, of course where I was having to change his underwear a lot of times a day. He would go potty in his pot, but would not keep his underwear dry; so I was down. Finally one day he'd wet his underwear an uncountable amount of times; he hadn't messed his pants yet that day, and I was just dreading having to clean that up. That evening Matt and I kept sending him to the toilet over and over again until finally he pooped in the pot!! Yeah! We were so excited about it! We made a HUGE big deal about it! So I was up:) I had thought that if we could get him to poop on the toilet just one time he would understand how great it was he would want to do it again. The next couple of days he did really good about keeping his underwear dry; so I was up:) But he kept messing in his underwear, so I was down:( Then he did fairly good about keeping his underwear dry, and just when I was putting him to bed he said "Mommy I need my Pull-Up off". I asked him if he needed to go potty, and he said he did; so he went downstairs (for some reason he likes the downstairs bathroom best) When I got down there after him he was sitting on the big pot (usually he goes in the little one) and he was pooping!!! Yeah!! I was very happy because this time he had done it by himself basically! It is amazing how excited you can get about these things! Matt and I made a huge deal about it again; so we were up:) The next day he didn't keep his underwear dry very good and he messed in them again. Argghh! So down we go again:(

well today is a new day; so wish me well on my potty training journey!

4 comments:

Trina said...

Potty training is truly the dreaded chore. I am completely NOT looking forward to potty training Roman. I think I may wait until he is 2.5, which is what I did with most of my boys. Anyhow I understand and sympathize with the ups and downs. One day at a time, and pray pray pray...

Marisela said...

I am definately not looking forward to potty training Hayden, but the reward will be great...no more changing diapers.

Cherrie said...

I must admit I am the worst potty trainer. I really think its the mommy who needs potty trained and I don't train well. My boy still isn't done and he really doesn't plan on it anytime soon. He did o.k. at one time then back set. So we just deal with pull-ups and keep on going.

Jules said...

I hate potty training. When my kids were going through it, we also was on a rollercoaster of good days and bad days. Good luck with it all :) Hopefully it will be over with soon.