Monday, January 7, 2008

Sweet Smelling Savor

I've been thinking a lot lately about a prophesy I got when I was just young in the faith, about 16 or 17...

We were at the Colorado campmeetings, and I was sitting in meeting one day. There were a lot of people getting up, and I so badly wanted to be a part of it. I really prayed that God would give me something to do, but it didn't seem like he wanted me to do anything. Now looking back I can see how foolish I was, but Satan started whispering to me that God didn't have any use for me and that I should just give up. I started having my doubts about my usefullness to the Lord. I prayed that God would send a big wind through the church tent that I could just know that he still cared for me. No wind came. Of course I was feeling pretty aweful by this time; and I started thinking that there was no reason to try if God didn't have any use for me anymore. Then I started looking around at all the brethren gathered around me. I began to think about what they would do if they saw me give up. Would I influence others to do the same? So I had come to the mind that I needed to continue to live the faith so that I could at least help my brethren get there; even if there wasn't a spot for me anymore. Now I can see how thinking God didn't care for me was really stupid, but I was young. About that time Bro. Lee Bosch came to me and spoke me a prophesy. There was more to it about things that were going on in my life, but what has stuck with me the most is God told me that my sacrifice was surely pure and that it was a sweet smell unto him. This prophesy was so much better than a big wind!

Sometimes in my life when I feel like my sacrifice is no longer quite what it ought to be I remember that prophesy. I believe the pure sacrifice that God loved so much was that I was willing to live the Faith for my brethren and not myself. I had gotten to the point where I felt like I would get nothing, but that I felt like I needed to keep going so that my brethren could get what I wanted so bad. The pure sacrifice was a selfless one. I am so glad that God taught me that lesson that day. I've fallen back on it so many times in my life. If I would have just gotten the wind like I asked I would not have learned the lesson I did. God sure does know what he's doing so much better than we do.

Please pray for me that my sacrifice could be that pure sacrifice and that I could be a sweet smell unto the Lord once again. Thanks.

3 comments:

Trina said...

Beautiful post Tisha. Something for us all to consider. I am so thankful that you and Matt are here and that you stick it out day in and day out. I hope you know how appreciated you are by Den and I.

Mrs. Mom said...

It's amazing how we often receive more than we asked for, because God knows what we really need.

Just the other day, we received that talk during meeting. Who's watching us and how would it affect their lives if we were to walk away.

Your post is beautiful and such a great reminder to all of us. Thanks for sharing!

Cherrie said...

What a good reminder for all of us. I am so looking forward to living out there and getting to know you as a married adult. I loved you as a young kid and I know I will love and appreciate you just the same. You have always been a example to me.