Thursday, September 27, 2007

Our Coast Trip

It's been a few weeks ago that we took this trip to the coast, but I just got the pictures onto my computer; so I thought I would share them.

We left on Saturday, spent the night, and came home in time for church on Sunday. We were going to spend Friday night too, but decided we shouldn't spend the money on the extra night. Matt's mom met us in Lincoln City on Saturday. We had a fun day with the kids; and my nice Mother-in-law offered to watch the kids in our room that night so we could go out together. It was nice! We didn't stay gone too long because we mostly wanted some family time.

The room we got was really nice. It was actually a condo that you could rent nightly. It was very relaxing; and just a short walk to the beach.

Sunday morning we took our time getting around; and went to the beach one more time. We have really enjoyed having church in the afternoons. It's so nice to not have to rush around getting all the kids around on Sunday mornings. We can actually enjoy Sunday mornings instead of getting to church all stressed out! Anyway, I'm getting a little off track here. We've never taken a weekend family trip like this because we would feel too guilty missing church; and we would be way stressed out if we tried to get around early enough to make it to church. So it was very nice to take our time.

Anyway, here's some pictures for your viewing pleasure!:

Christian on the beach we went to Sunday morning
it was fairly warm; so we let them go wading.
Anthony & Ruby fell and got completly wet.
They had extra cloths, thank goodness!
The beach by our room had really nice tide pools to explore.

Anthony had alot of fun playing in the sand.


Matt, flying the kite. It was nice, but pretty windy.
Good kite flying weather!



Ruby & Garrison the wind was starting to get to them.
We left soon after this picture.
Somehow I got 2 of these pictures on here.
I can't seem to get this one off:) Oh, well!
Here's a 4 legged starfish that we saw.


Gramma with all the kids

Our dirty, wind chilled, happy family!

Here's a good picture of my Mother-in-law flying the kite.
She was very good at it.
For some weird reason it made me nervous to fly it!
I guess I was afraid it would fly right out of my hands, silly me!:):0


6 comments:

Marisela said...

Looks like a fun trip. I love the coast! And it looks like nice weather too.

Barbara Reed said...

It looks like so much fun. The weather looks nice and your kids are sooooo cute.

Trina said...

I completely understand the Sunday thing. Den and I took off Friday night to head to the coast again. We just got home today, (Sunday), in time to get around for church. It makes the weekend feel longer for family things. Great pictures!

Cherrie said...

I so can't wait till we get there and can enjoy some time on the coast for the weekend getaways. Thanks for caring and leaving me a sweet comment. Can't wait till we move out there and spend some time together.

Jules said...

Wow, it looks like you guys had such a fun time! And it looks beautiful. I want to go out there so much! I'm hoping that Ryan and I can take a family trip out there in the next year and see where Ryan grew up and so on. You have such a cute family!!!

meNmykids said...

Lovely pictures. Sounds like you had a great time. Wish we could take off again and check out the Oregon Coast. It has been tooooooo long.