Sunday, March 30, 2008

Back to Work!!!

Well, Matt got a call on Friday from the Union and he's supposed to start work on Monday!

He got called on a one day job a week and a half ago. The general foreman was really impressed with him and told him that if he had a full time laborer's position come up that he would ask for Matt. Anyway, it sounds like this is a full-time thing. The guy that called him from the Union said that Morgan (that's the company that Matt will be working for) has a lot of work lined up. So we are super excited! Matt will know more tomorrow when he goes to work, but I really think it's all going to work out.

Really he was only off for 3 weeks; which isn't bad at all, but since we didn't know how long it would be before he got called out it made it hard. It was kind of nice having him around all day, helping around the house and with the kids, but we are very glad that he's going back to work tomorrow!

God has really taken care of us. I'm so thankful. I'll have to post again and let you know how it's going.

8 comments:

Marisela said...

I'm happy for you guys, it is such a relief to have a steady job.

Sabriena said...

That's really good! Dad still hasn't found a job, but I'm not worried because I know God will take care of us, too. Then again, maybe it's easier for me to trust Him, since I'm not the one looking at the bills! 3 weeks can make a huge difference in your income, but it's certainly better than say 7 or 8 (or even more!) weeks. I'll be waiting for your next post, but I'm sure it will be to say that everything is going great.

Good Luck!

Jules said...

That is wonderful news! I KNOW how you feel. When work is not steady it is very stressful. I will pray that he gets steady full time work!

meNmykids said...

Glad he got work. I'm setting my blog to private, please email me with your email address at littlegale@cascadecarrier.com so I can invite you.

Cherrie said...

I am glad that things have worked out.

Sabriena said...

Do you get e-mail notification when you get comments? Because if you do, I can safely put my e-mail address on here, so that you can e-mail me, so that I can invite you to my blog! I'll be checking back here, so just comment back to me with the answer! Thanks!

Tish said...

yes, I do get emails when I get a comment; so you can leave me a comment with your email address. I did give my email address to your mom though; so you could get it from her. Whichever way is fine with me.

Barbara Reed said...

I am so thankful and happy for you guys, sometimes we think it would be nice to have the guys at home to help us with a few things, then when they can't work we pray they go back soon. I am thankful Matt gets to go back, maybe a little less stress for a little while???