Monday, March 24, 2008

My Young Shaver

We went to Brian & Michelle's house for Easter. After playing all day with his cousins Anthony was taking a bath with Garrison. When I went to check on them I noticed little bunches of hair floating in the water. Anthony had found some shavers and had done some art on his head. I didn't notice any damage done to Garrison. I was amazed and very thankful that neither one of them got hurt. I will have to remember to check for things like that before putting my kids in the bathtub. Later that night I did notice a spot on Garrison's head that was irritated and there was a little bit of hair missing, but it wasn't very noticeable. Here is a picture of the damage:

Today Matt took Anthony in the garage to fix the damage done. He came back in the house looking like this:
This haircut was inspired by Uncle Brian and Bro. Derick.

Thankfully Matt was not really done, but wanted to see my reaction. I don't have a picture of the real haircut, but it's basically buzzed all the way around; except that Matt left a Little tail in the back. I really don't like the tail, but it is better than the above picture. Maybe that was his whole purpose in showing me this haircut, so that the tail wouldn't seem so bad in comparison. Someday when Matt's not around maybe I'll cut the tail off, but I can put up with it for a little while. I might post pictures of the final job someday. I was thinking that Anthony was needing a haircut, but I wasn't thinking this drastic; just a little touch up.
Anyway, I'm thankful that my boys were OK and didn't get hurt. It's nice that God watches over my children when I'm busy elsewhere.


8 comments:

Cherrie said...

I laughed out loud when I saw his haircut. What a good idea for Halloween one year.

Sis. Connie M. said...

We are sitting here with tears in our eyes!!!!!! I had already sent the kids to bed, but they all had to come check this out! Tyrel laughed the loudest tho, I wonder why! That is too cute!

Jules said...

LOL, I loved this post! I'm glad they weren't cut anywhere. That is hilarious how he looked like a bald guy ;) (That's kind of how Ryan's hair is starting to look), but Ryan shaves his head all the time. HEHE, well it will all grow back very fast. I shaved Blake's hair about a month ago and it is grown back already. Thanks for this post, it was hilarious!

Skylene said...

Those are some funny pictures. Glad your boys are fine.

Marisela said...

The bald guy look is funny! Hayden loves to play with razors too for some reason. He has cut himself a few times though. Glad your boys had no cuts.

Sabriena said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sabriena said...

I deleted my last comment, because believe it or not, I realized that I hadn't been quite as private as maybe I should have. Here is what I basically said:

I, too, am so glad that nothing happened. I don't really like the "tail on the back" that some guys have. I would have to agree with you there!

Hey, as long as I am on your blog, I would like to let you know that I have set my blog to private, and I would have to have your e-mail address to add you. I don't want to either your e-mail or mine out there for everybody to see, so... my idea is: I have e-mailed Aunt Chantel, Aunt Sylvia, and Shelbi, as they are the ones that I have their e-mail addresses. If you had a way of getting my e-mail address from any of them, and sent me an e-mail so that I could invite you, that would protect the privacy of both of our e-mail addresses, yet you could still view my blog.

Barbara Reed said...

This was so hilarious, I am thankful they were both okay, sometimes we don't even know when the Lord is protecting us or our childre and I am thankful he was there for you and yours.