Friday, October 19, 2007

Another small Blessing

I believe that God is pleased when we thank him for things and let others know about them; so even though it seems kind of small I have another small blessing to share with all of you.

Yesterday I washed a load of laundry and had Ruby put it in the dryer and start it up again. (I turned the little knob to put it on the right cycle, and she just had to push the button) I meant to do more laundry, but got busy with other things and didn't get around to it; so that load sat in the dryer the rest of the day.

When Matt came home he must have been running low on work clothes because he put a load of work clothes in the wash for me. (What a nice husband!) Anyway, we went to dinner at Bro. Sean and Sis. Marisela's house. (dinner was very good) so that load got ignored also.

Before we went to bed Matt remembered the laundry. Because I was nursing the baby he went to change the loads around (he really is nice, isn't he?). He came back to tell me that the clothes that were in the dryer were still very wet so he had to turn them on again.

When the dryer was done again I was still up; so I went to switch the loads around and the clothes were still wet. Now it seems like a lot of things like this has happened to us lately; do I decided to anoint the dryer and pray that it wouldn't be another thing that we had to get fixed. I put the dryer on a different cycle this time and started it up once again. It was still going when I went to bed. I thought that if the clothes were still wet when I got up in the morning I was going to have to call Trina for some emergency help.

I got up this morning and the clothes were dry! yahhh! I've done a couple more loads today and no more problems! I've been thanking the Lord all day for another small blessings!

I've really been trying lately to acknowledge the many good things in my life. When I really start counting my blessings they outnumber the hardships over and over.

3 comments:

Marisela said...

God is good to us! Sometimes it just takes faith. I'm glad it is working for you again. However if God decided to only fix it temporarily,we have a dryer sitting in storage you would be welcome to use until you can get a new one :)

Jules said...

Hehe, sounds like you had 2 blessings in this blog. God made your dryer work! And...gave you an awesome husband!!!

Barbara Reed said...

That is so awesome and I counted a third blessing, another dryer in storage in case it's needed. yaaay