Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Silly Me!

Since yesterday's blog was a little on the heavy side. Here's something lighter to balance it out...

Here's what happens when you get up too early to make lunch for your husband to take to work...

The baby had woke up, and I nursed him. I noticed it was almost time for Matt' alarm to go off anyway; so I made my way downstairs to make his lunch for him. I got bread out to make him a sandwich, snacks, I cut up a nectarine for him, got some drinks out etc, etc. Anyway, then I put it all in his lunch box; and made my way upstairs to try to sleep a little longer.

Did anyone notice something missing?

Well, I was going about my day; when at lunch time Matt calls me and says he took a bite out of his sandwich, and there was nothing in it!! I guess I had gotten the bread out, then got busy with the rest of the stuff and forgot to put anything in the bread! I did put his "sandwich" in a bag though and put it in his lunch! How funny! I did feel bad that my husband had to go without his sandwich, but I had to laugh at myself! Needless to say, this morning I made very sure that I made his sandwich correctly!

8 comments:

meNmykids said...

Too funny! You'll laugh about this one for a lot of years. He will too, if he's anything like mine is he'll take a lot of pleasure in teasing you.

Jules said...

LOL. That was funny! Yeah, I feel kind of bad that the essential ingredient for a great sandwich was missing. But that is really funny. My mother in law did something worse than that, but on purpose! If you know my father-in-law, you would know that he is the honeriest person alive. Well, he had done something to her (I forgot what it was) but she stuck a piece of cardboard in his sandwich. But yeah, you have something to tell your grandkids now ;)

Cherrie said...

Porr Matt! I bet he was ready for a good dinner when he got home. You will have a great memory there though.

marykathryn said...

Too Funny!!!! At least you got up like a good wife and made him lunch!! That would have gave me a chuckle the rest of the day.....

Marisela said...

That's really funny!

Trina said...

I am sure he was thinking "Was she joking?" "Is she mad?" "What in the world?!" I would have been in stitches sitting alongside of him. That is a good keepsake story!!

Sis. Connie M. said...

That is great! I know he'll make sure you don't forget for a while. lol

What about the good news about your house? Just read about it in another comment and am hoping things are looking up in that department for you!

Anonymous said...

Travis and I got such a laugh out of this one. I even read it to Alicia. LOL