Wednesday, October 17, 2007

A Huntin' we will go...

Hunting for renters that is. Yes, it really looks like we will not be selling our house. Our Real Estate agent advised us to start looking for renters. He says he's going to try to get us the $500 earnest money from the deal. It's not much, but it would pay for one of our house payments. I hope he can get it.



Renting is not what we wanted to do, but the Lord must have this planned for us. I guess being debt free was too big of a dream. If we were debt free we would have a lot more money to do things that we want to do. I think though that it might not have been good for us to have too much money. As things are we should have enough to get by.



I will interrupt this blog to tell a little story:



When I was I think 14 I got my first job and worked until I was about 16. I think my mom did have us contribute a little to the household expenses when we were working, but the rest was ours to spend. And that's just what I did, I spent my money. I didn't hardly ever save up my money for important things. In other words, I wasn't being very responsible with my money. When I was 16 I got to reading the Bible where it said that a woman should be a keeper at home and I felt like God wanted me to stop working and stay at home and help my mom around the house; and learn the things that a wife needs to know. So I quit my jobs. There was every once in awhile I would babysit or something and would earn a little money. Mostly though I asked not to be paid. Sometimes (not very often, because we were pretty poor) my Dad or Mom would give me money. I learned more about being financially responsible when I didn't have much money than when I had more money. I could save my money for a long time when I didn't know when or where I was going to get more.



I think maybe God wants us to be more responsible with our money; and more content and happy with the necessities of life.



I was thinking last night about how God wants us to be content with what we have. God always takes care of us, and he wants us to be happy with what he gives us. If we're not happy and content with having the things we need; how will having more of what we want make us any happier? I think we would be more spoiled than anything.



I could feel sorry for myself about this because things didn't work out the way I wanted them to, but I'm going to try to count my blessings because they are many. God really has done a lot of wonderful things for me. Just please pray for us that we will have the attitude that God wants from us. Also please pray that as we look for renters that we might find some who will take care of our home and pay their rent on time.



Thanks again for your prayers and support!

2 comments:

meNmykids said...

That is soo true. We must be happy and content with what we have. It is important not to look at those around us and all that they have or we could become discouraged. God has given us so much to be happy for.

Marisela said...

I have had the same thoughts here the last few days. I really haven't been too content with the house we are living in now it is so small (especially compared to the last house we lived in) and I would just like to have a bigger place. When we were going to move here, I prayed that the Lord would provide us with a house and he did. I need to be content with this house as long as he would have us to live in it. Thanks for your post.