Friday, October 12, 2007

Joseph

Last night Matt told me that he'd been having a lot of dreams lately. For some reason this caused me to think of Joseph, from the Bible. I thought about the dreams he interpreted for Pharaoh. If you didn't already know what those dreams meant, it would be hard to understand what they meant. Then I got to thinking about why Pharaoh believed Joseph's interpretation enough to set him up over all of Egypt. I mean this was Pharaoh, why did he believe some measly little servant who had been spending years in prison? Then I remembered the dreams he interpreted for his fellow prisoners. It was one of these that told Pharaoh about Joseph and how his interpretations were so accurate.

Here Joseph was, He'd been despised all his life by jealous brothers; then those jealous brothers sold him to a servant trader. So, he got sent away from his father and mother, whom he loved (and who also believed he was dead). Then he was bought by a man who was fair and good, but his wife accused him of rape; so Joseph gets sent to prison. So basically, this guy has had a horrible life! Why did he have to go through all this?

Because God had a plan. Things had to lead up to the moment where he could interpret Pharaoh's dream; and Pharaoh would appoint him over all of Egypt, so that he could bring his family (God's chosen people) to Egypt when they would not have survived elsewhere; not to mention all the character building that probably went on inside Joseph throughout all this.

Joseph didn't know the Lord's plan. It wasn't like he could tell himself "if I get through this, someday I'll be almost as high as Pharaoh". There were probably many times he was in despair and didn't understand why God was doing all of this to him. But God knew what he was doing all along.

Now, there is a reason I've relayed all this to you. I don't really want to go into a lot of little details; but things aren't going according to my plans lately. Yesterday I talked to our Real Estate agent and he seemed to think that the selling of our house was going to fall through. We are still praying about it though and the Lord could work it out. I believe that God caused me to remember the story of Joseph so that I could be reminded that God ALWAYS knows what he's doing!! Just please pray for Matt and I that we could trust in God and not worry. God might have different plans than we do and we need to trust that he knows what he's doing and he will help us get through.

Thanks to all!

I really enjoy the fellowship and encouragement that I've received through this blogging. It has really been a help, joy, comfort ect... to me!

2 comments:

meNmykids said...

God does know what He's doing, sometimes we become so wrapped up in the here and now that we don't let God be God and order our lives as He would choose. No matter how hard the trial I want to be able to trust my God and King. Thank you for an excellent post.

Mom of 3, Aunt of 16 said...

Travis and I got to the point with our house that we left it in God's hands. Literally we forgot about it and went about our life, trying to serve the Lord. Our house sold at just the right time. God's plans are definately better than ours! ;)