Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Shut-up!

I really don't like that word, and I especially don't want my children to say it. It just sounds really rude to me. Now I say this, but the other day I got mad at my kids who were all screaming at once and I yelled at them to all shut-up! Well they did! But every since that day my 2 year old has caught on to that one word and now it seems to be his favorite word. As far as I can remember it's the only time I ever said that word to them. So now I have the problem of trying to teach my 2 year old to not say a word that he heard mommy say; and she said it very loudly too! This is what I get for letting my anger get the best of me. Why couldn't I have just said be quiet like I usually do?

Well, there you have it, the confessions of a young mother!

4 comments:

meNmykids said...

Ooops! I don't like the word either, it is rude, however, I have to admit that it runs rampant in my family. I truly need to work on the whole family about not being rude. Once the kids get a little older it is even harder to instill kind speach in them. I am definately wanting to better us in this.

Jules said...

I too don't like that word, it does sound rude. I also have lost my temper and said that a few times. I wasn't raised to say it a lot, but in my home growing up it wasn't a big deal if it was said. But I have my own family values and that is one word that doesn't sound good to me. So don't feel bad, just explain that even mommies and daddies make mistakes and that you feel bad, that's what I have to tell my kids when I lose it and say that ;)

Trina said...

Hahahaha I love your posts Tisha..you make me laugh!! Well I dont like the word either. However, it does get said in this house, by the boys, from time to time. We WORK on it all the time, even Roman says "Shuuu Uhhh". Although we have almost broken that nasty little habit. Out of the mouths of babe...*sigh* Confessions of an older mommy...hehehe

marykathryn said...

Well I would have to agree that the general consensus would be that nobody thinks that word sounds pretty..However I have on a rare occasion used the word toward my kiddos as well and I paid for it for a few days as they always seem to echo our less than favorite moments as mommies....