Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Little Blessings

Today I went to Christian's school with all my kids for Teacher's conference. It wasn't too big of an ordeal. The teacher gave them paper and crayons and they were pretty happy. Christian's doing pretty good in school too, by the way. The teacher says he's showing potential of being a good leader. I guess he tries to help the other kids when they need it. He does have a problem wanting to doodle instead of doing his schoolwork; and sometimes he has to be reminded to do what he was told to do. All fairly normal stuff I think.

Anyway, today was payday and there was a few things I needed to get; so I thought I would brave the Dollar Tree and Jo Anne's without my hubby to help with the kids. I stopped and got a cheap $5 pizza and bread sticks and let the kids eat in the van. Then off we went. I went all over both stores because it took me awhile to find everything I wanted. My kids really did pretty well; but there's always a certain amount of "I want, I want." It really didn't go too bad, but by the time I got back in the van and had all the kids buckled in I was breathing a sigh of relief because it was over. The baby was also getting pretty cranky by this time because he had missed his nap. I got in the drivers seat and went to pull my keys out of my purse... and they weren't there!! I was imagining the ordeal of having to unbuckle all the kids back up; loading them in the cart again, and going through the stores looking for my lost keys. I was sitting in the van dreading the inevitable when I looked up at our abandoned cart and there were my keys!! They were hanging by my key chain in the front right where the baby sat. I was soooo thankful! I said a little prayer of thanks to the Lord right then and there! Just wanted to share this little blessing with all my blogging buddies!

4 comments:

Barbara Reed said...

That is so awesome god is so good to us. I actually left my wallet in the basket once with all my money, I left Target, and went to Walmart went in the store, and shopped for ten minutes when I realized I didn't have it so I ran back to Target and right where I left it was the basket with my wallet and all my money inside. I immediately bowed my head in thanks to the Lord.

Jules said...

I know EXACTLY how you feel! I am the QUEEN of losing keys! There has been several times that I pray and they have shown up in places that I had already looked! I am glad that you didn't have to stress more than you already were! It is great thatGod does take care of us,even when wehave no idea something is going to happen.

meNmykids said...

So glad you found your keys without having to unbuckle the kids and re-enter the "I want" place. So glad that you found them at all.

marykathryn said...

I have been in you very same spot and I know the Lord has helped me find my keys as well!! God IS good!